Thursday, January 17, 2013

Glenna Rings the Bell

The New Year is underway at Faith,  Connection helps you get connected.
View this email in your browser

"Power" series continues at Faith

This Sunday we are looking at "Power in Failure"


The backdrop for this series is the book of Micah.  Micah was a prophet in the Old Testament from the country, he was a rural person called to the city and an urban setting.  This week my emphasis is  dealing with failure.  Our text is Micah 7:7-8

Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.
Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The LORD will be a light to me.                Micah 7:7-8 (NKJV)


Here is my outline

1.  My situation  vs. 7
2.  My focus  vs. 7
3.  My patience vs. 7
4.  My faith vs. 7-8

The key point:

                               WITH GOD FAILURE IS NEVER FINAL
Jeff Riley will be bringing a special message Sunday night in recognition of Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.
The above picture was taken by my friend Howard Merrell just a few days ago in Honduras. This is Fred Stromberg our missionary of the week leading a special sports outreach.  Please pray for Fred and Cindy and family as they labor for the Lord in Honduras.
In my world. . . 
  • We had 226 in Sunday School,this may be a record for January
  • We gave $89,000 to missions in 2012
  • Deacon on Deck for January: Ron Seabolt (968-1267)
  • Our Wednesday night gathering has gotten off to an excellent start this year, why not become a part of one of our groups that meet each Wednesday at 7 PM


This was the scene in the lobby of the church last Sunday night after the Steward family from Ireland was with us, I love how everyone stood around and talked.  I really enjoy seeing the family of God being the family of God
The church staff gathered for our annual planning meeting.  We had a very good meeting and have many exciting things planned for the coming year.  We are all going to be together in one service on Easter Sunday watch for further details.  We worked hard but we also had fun, it is great to have a staff you enjoy working with, thank God for the staff He has given to us here at Faith
This is Faith member Glenna Barnette ringing the bell at the cancer center in recognition of her last chemo treatment.  Way to go Glenna!  Please continue to pray for Glenna and all those in our fellowship who are battling cancer.
I am working on this Faith Connection at home this is what I see looking out of the window.  I am waiting for the first call asking if we have church Sunday :)

This is our missionary Vicki White who just celebrated her 65th birthday.  She and her husband Bill have led the Grace Bible Camp for many years and we are glad to have them as a part of our mission's family here at Faith.  Happy Birthday Vicki!

No comments:

Post a Comment