Thursday, September 12, 2013

Back to Church Sunday!

Follow us on Facebook
This Sunday morning Jeff will be speaking from Luke 15:11-32. It is "Back To Church" Sunday and we will be baptizing four people at the end of the second service. Should be a great day hope you can join us!
This Sunday night I will be speaking from: 
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:8 (NIV)
What are the qualities of a "Tree" Christian?
IN MY WORLD . . .         
  • Missionary to England Eric Simpson will be our special guest Sunday morning September 22


  • Gospel singer Jimmie McKnight will be with us on Sunday night September 22, 6 PM in concert

  • Missionary of the Week:Grace Bible Camp (Bill and Vicki White)
  •  252 children's ministry this Sunday night
 
  • New mission trip forming for West Virginia, September 28 sign up at the Welcome Center
  • Please help spread the word about Faith get people to sign up for Faith Connection
  • Deacon on Deck for the month of September is Tim Bradley (968-3108)
Sunday Night at Faith just got a lot more interesting for teens! Horizon Youth is beginning a new video/discussion series entitled "Not a Fan" based on the popular book of the same name. Hope you can join us each Sunday night 6 PM in the "Teen" room. 
Follow your church family on Facebook.  Learn of what is going on in the church family.  Just click on above image to go to our Facebook page
 Seasoned Saints started their new season this week at Faith.  They meet the second Tuesday of each month at noon for lunch.  Everyone brings a dish and enjoys the fellowship.
Our web site has been updated.  Why not check it out, just click on the above image to go to our church site.  Thanks to Albert Harris for his work on our site.
The Victory Bible Class surprised Pauline Hippert last Wednesday for her 93rd birthday.
Click on above image to go to sermon site for our church.
We had a great time last week at Grace Bible Camp celebrating our 38th Anniversary as a  church family.  There was plenty of good food and fellowship.  Special thanks to the staff at Grace Bible Camp and Kathleen All who prepared in such a great way for our visit. (all photos at our Facebook page)
My name is Billy Price and I have been the pastor of Faith Baptist Church for 38 years.  I graduated from Lynchburg Baptist College in Lynchburg, Virginia in 1975.  It is now known as Liberty University.  Upon graduation our little family of three moved to Covington Virginia to begin a new church.  Elaine, my wife; Robbie, my son and myself  started our grand adventure.  I was soon blessed with a daughter, Robin.  People often ask me did I know when I started I would be here 38 years later, I can honestly say no and God hasn't given me a reason leave.  I have enjoyed my ministry in the mountains of Virginia, if it is His will I hope to finish my race here, but that's up to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment