Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21,2011 Update

January 21, 2011
Pastor's Update
Keeping the Faith Family in the Loop

Coming in February . . .


A new sermon series on the family

2.6.11      Spiritual Discipline (Chris)
2.13.11    Submission (Billy)
2.20.11    Communication (Chris)
2.27.11    Family Finances (Billy)

Don't Forget "Night In Rome"
Fundraiser dinner for the Mexico Mission Team
Mark your calendars, 02.12.11 4-8 PM (Reservations at the Welcome Center)

  WHAT'S UP?
  • Membership class 201 has been moved to February 13, please call the church office for details.
  • Got a call this week from Steve Mann serving in Afghanistan, doing great and hopes to be home in a couple of months.  Would you say a prayer for him today?
  • We have already set aside $5,437.00 for our missionaries this year!
  • We broke the $100,000.00 barrier in our fund raising for the property across the street.  We have less than $20,000 to go!
  • Please pray for the many folks in our church who are facing serious illness.
  • Have you ever considered putting your talent to work for the Lord?  We are in need of nursery workers, please contact the church office.
  • Freddie Ambrose retired from Westvaco, congratulations Bro. Freddie
  • Mug and Muffin Sunday Jan. 30th after the evening service, bring muffins to share and your favorite mug!
January is traditionally the month we look back and reflect, but we also look forward and plan.  We have been given a brand new year in which to live and we want to use the resources God has given to us wisely.  We are in a sermon series that challenges us to be good managers of what God has entrusted to us.  Join us this Sunday as we continue in this series.  This Sunday I will be speaking on "Finding Your Life" based on Matthew 25.  How using the skills and gifts that God has entrusted to me can help me find the true meaning of life.
  • 01.23.10      Talent(Billy)
  • 01.30.10      Finances(Chris)


**Harry Newman is our guest speaker this Sunday night at 6 PM**  His subject is prayer.
We will also be presenting the year-end financial report in this service.




 hope to see you Sunday at Faith

Billy

Psalm 101:1-8 (NLT) 
I will sing of your love and justice, LORD. I will praise you with songs. I will be careful to live a blameless life— when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them. I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil. I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. I will not endure conceit and pride. I will search for faithful people to be my companions. Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me. I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence. My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked and free the city of the LORD from their grip.







Faith Baptist Church
311 Jackson Drive, Covington, VA 24426
Phone: (540) 962-6335

No comments:

Post a Comment