Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10, 2011
Pastor's Update
Keeping the Faith Family in the Loop
This Sunday

iFamily logo.jpg

2.13.11    Submission (Billy)
2.20.11    Communication (Chris)
2.27.11    Family Finances (Billy)

_______________________________________
Sunday Night Feb 13

DSC05023.JPG
The Way

In the book of Acts, the early church was known simply as, “The Way.” Join us
this Sunday night at 6pm as Chris Chesley begins a series looking at the origins of the
church and the way in which the 21st century church can carry out the mission and
intent of the 1st century church.
  
 ____________________________________________________________________
 
Don't Forget "Night In Rome" This Saturday! (Fundraiser dinner for the Mexico Mission Team)

  • Deacon Deck: Each of our deacons will be available for you to contact with concerns, prayer or ministry.  They will take the lead position on a monthly basis, this month Howard Nicely is serving as our "deacon on deck"
  • We are beginning a trial run for our new children's church this Sunday
  • Men's prayer breakfast this Saturday 7 AM at the church
  • New Sermon Series coming in March: MARCH MADNESS
  • Membership class 201 this Sunday at 2 PM in the orange room, this four hour class is for anyone interested in joining Faith
  • Missionary of the week:Ronnie and Lou Anne Smith (church planters in Mexico)
  • Please pray for A. J. Bogus who was involved in a serious accident at Mead-Westvaco this past week and is in ICU at the Roanoke Memorial Hospital
______________________________

Daniel in exile.jpg

REGRETS

This past Wednesday night I was teaching on Regrets from Matthew 27 using the account of Judas as my text.  We got our students to fill out blank papers listing there biggest regrets and I was very moved by many of the responses, here are a few:

  • Didn't spend enough time with my parents
  • Waited too long to come to FBC
  • Walking away from the Lord 30 years ago
  • I regret not studying my Bible when I was younger
  • Not going to the mission field
  • Didn't continue education
  • I wasted 30 years of my life before accepting Christ
  • A wasted life
  • I regret I didn't live a more godly life before my children
  • Working while my children were still at home
  • That I didn't get saved sooner
These responses really moved me and made me realize that many of our fellow attenders at Faith are struggling with many regrets.  I am so thankful that Christ can set us free from our regrets and help us move on with our lives.  I hope anyone reading this update will find freedom in Christ and release from their regrets.


 hope to see you Sunday at Faith

Billy


Be gracious to me, God, according to Your faithful love; according to Your abundant compassion, blot out my rebellion. Wash away my guilt and cleanse me from my sin. For I am conscious of my rebellion, and my sin is always before me. Against You—You alone—I have sinned and done this evil in Your sight. So You are right when You pass sentence; You are blameless when You judge. Indeed, I was guilty ⌊when I⌋ was born; I was sinful when my mother conceived me. Surely You desire integrity in the inner self, and You teach me wisdom deep within. Purify me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones You have crushed rejoice. Turn Your face away from my sins and blot out all my guilt. 10 God, create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not banish me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore the joy of Your salvation to me, and give me a willing spirit. 13 Then I will teach the rebellious Your ways, and sinners will return to You. 14 Save me from the guilt of bloodshed, God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing of Your righteousness. 15 Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare Your praise. 16 You do not want a sacrifice, or I would give it; You are not pleased with a burnt offering. 17 The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. God, You will not despise a broken and humbled heart. 18 In Your good pleasure, cause Zion to prosper; build the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices, whole burnt offerings; then bulls will be offered on Your altar.                                                                                 Psalm 51:1-19 (HCSB) 


 


Faith Baptist Church
311 Jackson Drive, Covington, VA 24426
Phone: (540) 962-6335

No comments:

Post a Comment