Thursday, November 4, 2010

11.04.10

I will be starting a new series this Sunday, hope you can join us . . .




11.07.10 Endurance

11.14.10 Quitting Points

11.21.10 The Focus Factor
11.28.10 The Failure Factor


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.                                                2 Timothy 4:7 (NKJV)

Endurance

David’s past impacted his present
But David said to Saul, "Your servant used to keep his father's sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock, 35 I went out after it and struck it, and delivered the lamb from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught it by its beard, and struck and killed it.         1 Samuel 17:34-35 (NKJV)

We learn as we live
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,        3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.                                                             James 1:2-3 


David displayed endurance throughout his life
6 They have prepared a net for my steps; My soul is bowed down; They have dug a pit before me; Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah 7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise.                                Psalm 57:6-7

With God’s help how can I develop endurance?

    •         Finish that book
    •         Finish that project
    •         Go past your normal quitting point

  Trust God to develop endurance in your heart

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.                                                2 Timothy 4:7 (NKJV)

Experience Enhances Endurance

***************
Chris will begin a new series on Philippians this Sunday night.

The Power of Perspective: A Study in Philippians
This week: "The Power of the Prisoner"
Chris will also be leading us in communion this Sunday night.

***************


Hundreds of people turned out for Trunk or Treat, we gave out all the tracts we had, cooked every hot dog and enjoyed God's creation on a beautiful hay ride.  We had several folks visit on the Sunday after trunk or treat.  Please pray that many more will visit Faith.



  • Praise God for young man saved Sunday night at church
  • Praise God for progress made this week on education buildings, hope to have them operational soon!
  • Please check out the church calendar for all events coming during the holiday season at www.faithbaptistcovington.net 
  • Baptism this Sunday it is not too late call John Burnham (968-0359)
  • Pray for Robert Smith in the loss of his brother
Special thanks to the Drama Team who put on a special presentation at Trunk or Treat, a  lot of work and effort went into this presentation.  Thanks Team good job!













Hope to see you Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment